The Sommelier Society of America, the Nation’s oldest and foremost professional wine teaching institution, is introducing a special Wine-Tasting Series:
The Passionate Consumer
For those who love wines and desire an A-Level program to explore and experience a World of Wines, this series is a step above and covers dozens of wines, retail value over $3000.
Professional presentations over eight Monday evenings, taught by instructors of our Sommelier Career Advancement Courses, and geared for the discerning consumer who desires excellence and seeks top quality information.
The next dates for this series to be announced
An Overview of French wine regions - a course in itself!
“The birthplace of New World Varietals,” grapes, appellations and wine styles
2. PINOT NOIR: The hype : Is it really true? Burgundy and New World sites and styles
3. PIEDMONT: Great grapes, wines and styles – Nebbiolo – the “King” of Italian grapes
4. RIESLING: Elegance personified The “Insider’s Grape” from Germany, Alsace, Austria to Australia’s Clare Valley
5. AUSTRALIA: Shiraz – too much of a “good thing”? Upcoming regions and estates – styles in all price ranges
6. CALIFORNIA, Napa vs. Sonoma: Examine the styles and differences between these two appellations, vis-à-vis Cabernet Sauvignon, the preëminent California red grape
7. DESSERT WINES: Proof that the gods are smiling on us – Styles from around the world and production methods – everything you need to know and can’t wait to include as your personal discoveries
8. SOMMELIER “Picks”: Professionals choose great wines, styles, regions & varietals, all price ranges. What are the up and coming trends? What are the great buys?
You may reserve a seat for the entire series for $695.00Or individual evenings of the series for $100.00 per seat.
You may also pay by check, please include your name and contact information and mail check to:
PO Box 20080
West Village Station
New York, NY 10014
Questions? Please click here or call 212.679.4190